Research Scientist/Senior Research Scientist, Target Identification and Validation
Immunome is a rapidly growing biotechnology company developing next-generation cancer therapeutics using the transformative potential of immunotherapy. We have ambitious goals and a growing pipeline of novel therapeutic antibody candidates to treat solid tumors such as lung, breast, colon and prostate, as well as hematologic cancers. To achieve our vision, we seek motivated professionals who will share in our passion for teamwork, quality science and innovation.
We offer competitive compensation, an attractive benefits package and a collaborative and entrepreneurial culture. Immunome is an equal opportunity employer.
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Scientist or Senior Research Scientist to:
- Identify and characterize cancer neoantigens bound by human monoclonal antibodies isolated from cancer patients
- Provide functional validation of novel drug targets
- Identify methods to attack those antigens using antibody-based techniques
- Make key contributions in the elucidation of novel biological targets from phenotypic and other screens
- MS biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology or related discipline with 3-5 years of experience
- Laboratory skills in chemical-proteomics and other bioanalyses; routine biological sample preparations, protein extractions, immune-affinity enrichments, gel electrophoresis and Western Blots
- Working knowledge of protein/peptide sequence identification using mass spectrometry
- Extensive hands-on bench work is expected
- Highly self-motivated, with excellent attention to detail and strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Innovative and solutions-oriented thinking to solve complex technical and scientific problems
- Capable of integrating information generated from multiple sources to shape and then challenge efficacy hypotheses
- Ability to work independently, but yet a team-oriented colleague capable of building strong relationships with peers, outside partners and customers
- Experience in the study of protein-protein interactions using affinity/activity-based proteomic probes
- Extensive industrial experience in chemical biology, biochemistry or related discipline
- Hands-on experience with quantitative multiplexed affinity proteomics methodologies (“pull-downs”), chemical probe manipulation and bio-orthogonal chemical ligation technologies
- Experience with statistical analysis and visualization of mass spectrometric data using commercial and/or open source MS software and computational tools
- Familiarity with binding affinity isotherms, enzyme assays and kinetics
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.